July 17th 2019
Greetings from TurnKey Internet!
We are writing to inform you of important changes to your hosting account. cPanel, the makers of your web based server control panel software, a licensed product, was recently acquired by a venture capital firm, Oakley Capital. The same VC firm https://oakleycapital.com/ recently acquired ownership of similar industry software products including Plesk, WHMCS, and SolusVM. Shortly after taking ownership of Plesk and WHMCS, these companies announced new package structures including massive pricing increases, many of which impacted our customers.
As of September 1st 2019 Oakley Capital by way of cPanel’s executive team, are making similar changes to cPanel license costs and package structures. The below outlines in more detail the new plans and pricing for cPanel licenses offered by TurnKey Internet in accordance with our partner agreement, and as a result of changes made by cPanel and Oakley Capital.
While we do understand the inconvenience associated with these changes, we ask our customers to keep in mind that TurnKey Internet Inc. is a cPanel Partner only, and has no control over account limitations or price increases passed onto us, and other partners. TurnKey Internet provides licenses only as a convenience, typically below cost or bundled with services.
- Cloud Admin – 5 Account Limit: $15.99 /mo
- Cloud Pro – 30 Account Limit: $24.99 /mo
- Cloud Premier – 100 Account Limit: $39.99 /mo
Dedicated / Bare Metal Servers
- Metal Premier – 100 Account limit: $39.99 /mo
Effective September 1st 2019 all cPanel licenses provided by TurnKey Internet will be converted to either Cloud Admin or Metal Premier licenses, depending on your level of service – but your price will not change! Despite cPanel not honoring existing or old pricing, we will not ask our customers to absorb the massive cost increases cPanel has passed onto us.
Instead, all existing TurnKey Internet provided cPanel licenses will be grandfathered onto existing pricing (by TurnKey Internet, not by cPanel). Existing prices will be honored for existing customers and existing services. However, we will need to enforce cPanel’s new account limits, outlined above.
As the plans outlined above are limited to a maximum of 100 cPanel accounts, any customers requiring licenses for servers which exceed 100 accounts will have two options going forward:
- Re-license cPanel externally prior to September 1st 2019, through cPanel directly via https://cPanel.net. Please be sure to request cancelation of your license with us prior to doing so to avoid any extra charges.
- Migrate to DirectAdmin prior to September 1st 2019, and request cancelation of your cPanel license with us upon completion of your migration. While there are many options for web hosting control panel’s, DirectAdmin is our new recommendation moving forward. DirectAdmin still offers control panel licenses for unlimited hosted accounts at a flat rate. You can read more about DirectAdmin on their website here: https://directadmin.com/ and purchase licenses at a significant discount through our website here: https://secure.turnkeyinternet.net/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=373
These changes also apply to any customers with free included or bundled cPanel licenses. We will not be passing any additional costs onto our customers who currently have bundled licenses, but we will be enforcing cPanel’s new account limits. You may see changes to your invoice, in how your cPanel license is itemized, but if you do not currently pay for a cPanel license then the total cost you pay today will not change, or increase. Managed customers with bundled bundled licenses who require more accounts than the cPanel enforced limitations listed above will still need to make arrangements to purchase a higher tiered license prior to September 1st 2019.
We appreciate your understanding and continued patronage. We’ll be in touch again closer to September 1st to remind you of this upcoming change to your cPanel license.
(877) 539-4638 x105
TurnKey Internet Inc.
- What is the difference between domains and accounts?
- Accounts refers to cPanel accounts, viewed from within the WHM. Each account can have still have unlimited domains hosted within each account using parked or addon domains.
- How can I decrease the number of accounts on my server?
- Many users choose to consolidate accounts into addon domains, to decrease the total number of accounts in use. We strongly recommend you terminate any old or no longer in use accounts to avoid additional charges.
- What if I have over 100 accounts on my bare metal or dedicated server?
- Your license will be converted to “Bare Metal Premier” which has a 100 account limit – please decrease the number of accounts on your server, or re-license through https://cpanel.net directly for a higher tiered license plan. Domains and accounts will continue to function without any downtime until the license is updated or the server is brought back into compliance.
- What if I have over 5 accounts on my VPS or cloud server?
- Your license will be converted to “Cloud Admin” which has a 5 account limit – please decrease the number of accounts on your server, or upgrade your license to “Cloud Pro” or “Cloud Premier”. If you require more than 100 accounts on your cloud server please re-license cPanel through https://cpanel.net directly for a higher tiered license plan. Domains and accounts will continue to function without any downtime until the license is updated or the server is brought back into compliance.
- What actions should I take?
- All licenses will be converted with cPanel automatically; no action is needed. However, you may want to check your account usage and be sure your server is in compliance prior to September 1st
- Are you increasing my price?
- NO! TurnKey Internet is not raising prices, or passing any increased costs onto its existing customers.